The following are links to some easy plant based recipes that you can make!
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sweet and Spiced Baked Cauliflower
- Avocado Quesadillas
- Vegan Pancakes
- Vegan Pizzas
- Banana Ice Creams
- Vegan Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
- Vegan Chai Latte
- Vegan Cupcakes
- Vegan Tacos
A personal vegan recipe that I love to make is my simple crunchy and tangy cucumber salad (recipe and picture below).
- 1 peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of white distilled vinegar
- With a knife and a cutting board, slice your cucumber into thin round slices (like pictured above).
- Put the cucumber slices into a medium sized bowl or container of your choice.
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar into the bowl, on top of the cucumbers.
- Stir the ingredients in your bowl until the cucumbers are evenly covered with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (The more salt you use, the less tangy your dish will be and the less salt you use, the sourer it will be, so do this step to your liking).
- Optional Step: If you would like, you may also add other diced vegetables into this cucumber salad, such as tomatoes, onions and bell peppers.
The following are some vegan celebrities! Which ones surprise you?
- Miley Cyrus
- Ellen Page
- Jessica Chastain
- Ariana Grande
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Joaquin Phoenix
- Woody Harrelson
- Liam Hemsworth
- Joan Jett
- Russell Simmons
- Stevie Wonder
- Kate Mara
- Al Gore
- Mike Tyson
- Jason Mraz
- Tobey Maguire
The following are some vegan options that you can order from some of these restaurants and fast food places:
- Chipotle: Order a veggie burrito bowl with some beans, rice, salsa, guacamole and chips.
- Taco Bell: Order a bean burrito with tomatoes or a taco salad with lettuce, rice, beans, potatoes and guacamole. For dessert, you can even order some cinnamon twists!
- Papa John’s: Make your own pizza by skipping the cheese and meat and adding all of the veggies!
- Chik-Fil-A: Order some waffle fries or a market salad without chicken and cheese and a non-dairy dressing, like the vinaigrette or light Italian.
- Wendy’s: Order a plain baked potato and a side salad with non-dairy dressing.
- Subway: Order a salad or a sandwich with all of the veggies and a non-dairy dressing, like oil, vinegar, mustard or sweet onion sauce.
- Jimmy John’s: Order a vegetarian unwich without the cheese or mayonnaise. Instead, add guacamole or Italian vinaigrette.
- Panera: Order the PB&J, the soba noodle bowl with edamame, the Mediterranean veggie sandwich without the feta cheese or the garden vegetable soup with no pesto.
- Jason’s Deli: Get the salad bar option and make your own vegan salad with added on pumpkin seeds or croutons for crunchiness.
- Olive Garden: Yes you can eat the bread sticks; they are vegan! Order a pasta with marinara sauce and the minestrone soup.
- Pei Wei: Order the edamame, spring rolls, the spicy Korean, the sweet and sour or the tai blazing noodles. You can also add tofu with these dishes.